YES Guardians Limited are of course dedicated to protecting your privacy, not only when using our website, but when we collect data from you when signing up for any of our services.
This also is true when it comes to safeguarding – with all of our staff trained as highly as possible in Safeguarding and Information Governance.
Our data controller is Marc Harris.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or register for a service.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, via telephone, email, or live chat.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your visit to our website. This enables us to improve our services and to provide a snapshot of our users.
These details are not personally identifiable – they are to improve our services only.
As is commonplace on the internet these days, our site will also collect something called cookies. These are for services related to SEO, Google Analytics and our chat bot.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies, which is your own personal choice.
We use the following Google Services
- Search Console
Use of Your Information
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are a new client, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure systems.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
We are fully ICO compliant – so our data storage methods have been confirmed as safe.
Disclosing Your Information
Host family information will be used to create a host family profile and will only be shared with relevant parties in relation to hosting students.
In Processing your application and as part of our Safer Recruitment policy we will need to share your information with a third party agency called Carecheck who we use to undertake a DBS check as an essential part of our screening process. The information they gather is also handled in accordance with the data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Act 2016. This will never be done without permission.
3rd Party and Sharing of Information
We believe that sharing information with unrelated 3rd parties for advertising purposes is unethical and wrong, we will never do this.
We will only ever share data routinely with the following, and on a need to know basis.
- Schools and Universities
- Host Familes (never personal, only relevant information so that they can provide the best experiences possible for our students)
As part of our accreditation process we need to share contact details with AEGIS head office and lead and supporting inspectors. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with GDPR.
Where your data is shared with AEGIS head office and lead and supporting inspectors, we will seek to share the minimum amount necessary.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2016 gives you the right to:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data
- Choose to remove your consent for us to process your data
- Object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the details below.
Marc will be more than happy to help.
Yes Guardians Limited – registered address